You’ve landed at the Orlando International Airport, now what? Normally you would navigate your way to the luggage pickup area, try to discern your luggage from that of your fellow travelers and then secure transportation to your final destination. If you had used Disney’s Magical Express, upon arrival at Orlando International Airport your vacation would start the minute you walk off the plane. You would bypass the luggage pickup area altogether and head directly to Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center where you would be transported to Walt Disney World in a luxurious motor coach.
Disney’s Magical Express
Disney’s Magical Express is a complimentary shuttle service that transports guests round-trip between Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World. Disney’s Magical Express begins at your home where you apply special luggage tags provided by Disney to your luggage. Once your bags have been checked with your airline you can forget about having to touch them again until you see them magically appear in your Walt Disney Resort room. That’s right, Disney takes care of locating your luggage at the airport, transporting it to your resort and then to your room. Just think, walking off the plane and not having to worry about your luggage, or how you’re going to get to the resort. You can concentrate on your little ones and start your vacation.
After you’ve made your way to Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center and boarded the luxurious Disney’s Magical Express motor coach, Disney presents an onboard video to familiarize yourself with the resort check in process, airport return process and help entertain the kids until arrival at your resort.
Call your Destination Mickey Vacation Planner to secure reservations on Disney’s Magical Express.
Prior reservations are required.
Upon Arrival at the Orlando Airport
1) Take the shuttle to the main terminal building.
2) Once in the main terminal building proceed to Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center which is located on level 1 of the B side. This is the same level as ground transportation and rental cars.
3) If you have your Magical Express coupon book, bypass the Magical Express counter and proceed to the queue area just beyond the counter. Look for the Magical Express Cast Members standing at the small ticket stands (see photo). The Cast Member will scan your coupons and direct you to the correct line for your resort and then out to the motor coach.
If you have carryon luggage bring it with you on to the motor coach or have the driver check it in the luggage area. Since your checked luggage won’t arrive for a few hours you may want to bring a change of clothes or anything else you might need for the Parks! Be sure to pack your resort paperwork and park tickets in your carryon. Checked luggage arrives approximately 3 hours after resort check-in.
The trip from the airport to your Walt Disney World resort takes about 45 minutes.
Return to Airport
As your vacation draws to a close, you’ll receive a Transportation Notice the day before your departure advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. This is usually hung on the outside of your resort room door. To ensure that you do not miss your flight, motor coach pickup times are scheduled approximately 3 hours prior to your flight departure time for domestic flights and 4 hours prior for international flights.
Resort Airline Check-In Service
If you’re departing domestically on a participating airline while staying at a participating resort, enjoy the convenience of the Resort Airline Check-in Service. This service allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World Resort, bypassing airport check-in completely. The Resort Airline Check-In Service operates from 5:00AM to 1:00PM daily. Airline luggage policies differ by airline. Please check with your airline for their specific policies and restrictions. Resort Airline Check-In Service is not available for International flights.
This is a separate service from Disney’s Magical Express. If your airline or resort does not participate, bring your luggage to the Magical Express pickup where it will be transported to the airport with you. Bell Services at each resort are available to assist you with your luggage.
- Prior reservations are required for Disney’s Magical Express.
- Resort Airline Check-In Service is available to guests who do not utilize Disney’s Magical Express.
- Disney’s Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motor coach.
- International Guests flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process and claim luggage after disembarking the plane.
- Check with your Destination Mickey Vacation Planner for a list of participating resorts and participating airlines in the Resort Airline Check-In Service.
- Airline luggage policies differ by airline. Please check with your airline for their specific policies and restrictions.